Algarve Cakes is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and is used purely to implement ours services efficiently & effectively.
Algarve Cakes may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation which is applicable from 21st May 2018.
Controlling your Personal Information (GDPR)
As of 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) states that individuals hold the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by calling or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org + 351 961384033
- If you wish to remove yourself from our marketing communications, just click “unsubscribe” and follow the instructions within the communications
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email at email@example.com or phone + 351 961384033
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please call or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you object to any of the means that we process your data, email us to allow us to investigate your complaint and we will get back to you within a reasonable time frame. Alternatively, you can object at the Information Commissioner’s Office:
What We Collect
We may collect “Personal Information”. When we say ‘Personal Information’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, enquiries, review comments and so on. If you can’t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply. The list below highlights the more common pieces of information we may collect:
- Name and title.
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode & preferences.
- Information specifically pertinent to the service being provided. For example, dietary requirements for catering, or relevant medical information on allergies and food intolerance.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information relevant to the Services we provide.
How do we Collect your Information
We collect information generally in the following manners:
Provided by You: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. This may be in the form of, service enquiries, replying to emails, conversing with us on social media or taking part in experiences or services we organise. You do not need to provide us with your information. However, in some instances this will affect the extent that we are able to deliver our services to you.
Provided Automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you use out services or visit our websites, For example, this could be: your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (For example, by personalising the content you see).
Through third party applications related to our services: There are instances that to provide a service, we use third party software as part of that delivery or data capture. Though indirectly, this information is provided by you through the provider we have subscribed to and the information is considered to be gathered in the same manner as when provided to us by you. The following is a list of other companies used as part of your service delivery and you could encounter when having our services delivered or where your information is stored. We have provided a link to their privacy policies. This is correct as of the date of publishing.
- Paypal – Click here
- WordPress – Click here
- Twitter – Click here
- Pintrest – Click here
- Gmail – Click here
- Facebook – Click here
- Instagram – Click here
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it for one or more of the following reasons:
- To perform a contract of services with you.
- Where we have legitimate interests that do not affect your rights.
- In accordance to a legal obligation.
- Where we have expressly asked for your consent.
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Service related communications. This may be to provide a service, or send requested information, send marketing information about other products or services that would enhance the current service you are on or asking for feedback.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services by using your behaviour and preferences. However this is aggregated and anonymised within a year of when your service ended to fall into each business year.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To enhance our website and develop our services.
- To analyse and report internally. This is done anonymously and in a manner that is aggregated. However, we may share the findings of these reports publicly or with third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing your Data
From time to time, as mentioned above, we may require to share your information with third parties. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will only share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. The following outline when and how we will use your data:
- Third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data. For example Wedding Planners or event planners when providing our services through them.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
- Other people where we explicitly have your consent. For example working alongside wedding and event planners, photographers and those involved within the event directly.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The duration that we hold your personal data depends on what we hold and if we have a legitimate ongoing business need to hold it (for example, service provision or to comply with legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll hold your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, as specified in this document. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest as can be seen in our Friends page. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites you visit. We have provided a list of websites that we use for the provision of our services above to make things easier for you.